ORANGE MARMALADE OMELET
Happily Ever After Everyone Else
The Morins: Book 1 Julie's Story
Happily Ever After The Choice
The Morins: Book 2 Mike’s Story
· 3 large eggs
· 1 tbsp super fine sugar such as caster sugar
· 2 tbsp really good orange marmalade
· 2 tbsp Cointreau
· 1 orange, zested
· 25 g unsalted butter
· 1 tbsp icing sugar, sifted
· 4 tbsp crème fraiche (fresh cream)
· 1 tbsp icing sugar
· 1 tsp Cointreau
Cooking Time: 6 mins
1. Pre-heat the grill to medium.
2. Whisk the egg whites with the super fine sugar, until it’s light and fluffy then fold in the
egg yolks, marmalade, Cointreau and orange zest.
3. Heat the butter in a heavy-based frying pan. Add the whisked egg mixture and fry
until golden brown on the underside.
4. Transfer the omelet in its pan to the grill and cook briefly until the top is golden.
5. Fold the omelet in half and dust with icing sugar.
6. To make the cream whisk together the crème fraiche, icing sugar, and Cointreau.
7. Serve a dollop of the cream with the omelet.